The Arc of Monroe offers several Employment Readiness Services that provide various hands-on educational opportunities to prepare people with I/DD for competitive/community employment.
Community-based Workplace Assessment
A service designed to help a person determine their job interests.
- Takes place in a community employment setting
- Participate in an on-site employability assessment
- A one-to-two week assessment up to four hours a day
- Work directly with a one-on-one job coach
Receive a recommendation for future vocational opportunities
A training service designed to help participants learn “soft” workplace skills.
- 10 sessions that run 2.5 hours a piece
Learn acceptable workplace conduct, practice interviews, and job development concepts
Community Work Experience
A service to help people develop on-the-job skills in a career interest area.
- Minimum wage paid internship experience at a local community business
- Includes development of internship sites in your interest area with job coaching support
- One-to-two months, depending on full or part-time participation
Prepare people for employment in their desired career field
To learn more about these services, contact the Job Path Enrollment and Development Manager at (585) 256-7330, x2534.