The Arc of Monroe offers several Employment Readiness Services that provide various hands-on educational opportunities to prepare people with I/DD for competitive/community employment.
Culinary Career Prep is designed specifically for people with barriers to employment who are interested in the food service industry. The program takes place at the ArcDeli in the Canal Side Business Center and in other local workplace cafeterias.
- Receive training on using a variety of cafeteria equipment
- Assist with daily operations at ArcDeli including food preparation, customer service, cleaning and operations
- Participate in small group classes to learn job readiness and vocational skills
Be prepared for individualized community employment
- Must be 21 or older
- OPWDD eligible and HCBS Waiver enrolled
- Capable of working in a 1:8 staff participant ratio
- Ability to learn and use transportation independently
- Self-manage independently and self-medicate
To learn more about this service, contact our Community Outreach Coordinator at (585) 672-2222.