The Arc of Monroe offers several Employment Readiness Services that provide various hands-on educational opportunities to prepare people with I/DD for competitive/community employment.
Employment Training Program (ETP) is an internship opportunity leading to permanent employment in a community business. People are paid while they learn job skills and attend job readiness classes.
What the Program Offers:
- Paid internship for up to 18 months to learn on-the-job skills
- Paid job readiness classes on time management, conflict resolution, dressing to impress, dependability, and other employability skills
- Job coaching to identify skills, abilities, and interests
- Industry-specific job development training on employment standards, work culture, and technology
Obtain permanent employment at the end of the internship
- Participants work 4-12 hours/week
- Must be at least 21 years old
To learn more about ETP, contact the Job Path Enrollment and Development Manager at (585) 256-7330, x2534