The Arc of Monroe provides a wide range of community activities to help promote independence and social skills. The Recreation Coordinator develops a monthly calendar and distributes it to enrolled participants. When someone registers for an activity, we can provide their transportation to and from each event.
Activities include but are not limited to:
- Day trips
- Sporting events
- Theme parks
- Educational experiences
- Social mixers
- Must be OPWDD and Medicaid eligible
- Must be community independent
- Must live with a family member
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Occurs in the community
- Any associated costs are eligible for family reimbursement
- Must be enrolled in the program to participate
To learn more about this service, contact the Community Outreach Coordinator at (585) 672-2222.