Monroe Community College (MCC) Experience is a higher education transitional service for young adults with I/DD. We provide them with opportunities to continue their education and development in a college setting. The overall goal is helping each individual achieve their vocational aspirations by building on experiential learning and vocational experiences/job internships.
- Must be 21 or older
- OPWDD eligible and HCBS Waiver enrolled
- Capable of working in a 1:8 staff participant ratio
- Ability to learn and use transportation independently
- Self-manage independently and self-medicate
- Participate in progressively more independent vocational experiences
- Access to MCC facility including: extracurricular activities, clubs, open MCC events, etc.
To learn more about this service, contact the Community Outreach Coordinator at (585) 672-2222.